We received an e-mail containing a copy of exchanges in a public chat group on the instant messenger Telegram, which we have verified with other sources. The group « Dématérialisation ANFR » (which means “Dematerialize <French Frequencies Agency>”) has been created after Patrick idea in another group chat, about an automated CCS7 ID assignment for ham radios which would be hosted by ANFR (the French Frequency Agency). Ambroise started the public group and about twenty people joined, including F1SHS.
An excerpt of the discussions is included on this page (translated from french to english) to denounce the totalitarian regime of F1SHS regarding the attribution of CCS7 identifiers for which he has the monopoly in France and creates his own rules. F1SHS himself indicated the discussions should be published.
This topic is particularly important considering that F1SHS introduces himself to the French administration and major technical conferences actors as the representative of hams and ham clubs in France, and write that he is acting in the “common interest”whereas he has never been given this responsibility and is acting upon his own personal initiative. This technique allows F1SHS to capture an exclusivity and to secure a manager role and sole decision maker between the organizations and all amateur radio, make decisions on their behalf and create rules he will impose on the ham radio community. All under the cover of “acting in everyone’s best interest” but no one asked him for anything.
Here is our analysis of these exchanges and our personal opinion.
- As soon as F1SHS arrived in the new group, he indicated that he is willing to help on the project “for as long as he is dealing with people who respect him”. This is by far the most interesting sentence he wrote. Unlike other people, F1SHS doesn’t think that respect is something he needs to earn, but rather something that he is entitled to. Therefore he will only work and discuss with people who respect him. And as shown before for F1SHS: respect means not challenging the legitimacy of his monopolies nor the rules that he imposes to the ham radio community. Basically a discussion with F1SHS should be limited to agreeing to everything he says.
- The goal of this new discussion group was to find a replacement for the autocratic system setup by F1SHS despite a huge disagreement from french hams. Is F1SHS going to help this new group to strip him from his monopoly, or is he coming to ensure the new initiative fails? No need to wait very long to find out, he exposes himself as early as his second contribution:
- Although this new group was technical in nature, F1SHS immediately shifted the discussion to legal questions which is his favorite topic. Worst case scenario this allows him to stall technical discussions and efforts, and best case scenario it shuts the project down by simply throwing endless legal discussions. It is the same process he uses when attempting to justify the rules he imposes on the french ham community and his refusal to let any other ham group sharing CCS7 validations duties. It is a very cunning technique F1SHS is using because as everyone knows even legal professionals don’t always agree on the interpretation of laws and regulations. So even if someone can prove that he reasoning is wrong, F1SHS only has to reply that this is a matter of interpretation and the discussion is over without any resolution!
- Patrick quickly asks F1SHS what he thinks about the conflict between the group’s goal and his personal interests. A legitimate question that Pierre F1SHS will never answer. Instead he will offer to travel to him to meet in person “like a man”. As proven in the past this will allow him to collect all the information he needs to send legal threats for moral harassment etc. etc. and most importantly to ensure there are no traces of what he will say.
- So once again we are asking: do you think this behavior is consistent with someone saying that he acts for the good of the amateur radio community with ham spirit ?
TRANSLATION OF THE TELEGRAM PUBLIC GROUP CONVERSATIONS
Note: “Anfr” is the French government entity that regulates radio frequency and amateur radio licenses
I didn’t ask for any invitation as I was already there. If I can help, no problem for as long as I am dealing with people who respect me.
Ambroise, can you please introduce yourself, because I don’t know you. I would like that everyone here does the same and no one stays anonymous. Your idea is interesting and could be part of hackaton Anfr ?
I don’t think it is mandatory to be a ham radio to make proposals.
I also think we have to understand the legal aspect, because the Anfr is governed by regulations that limit its action.
Don’t forget the RGPD
Hello dear Ham I actually have a question for you hi!! This discussion group is going to work on a replacement for the CCS7 identifiers method by the Anfr. Today you are the one responsible for this in france and you don’t want that another association or group handles it under any circumstances. With all the respect that you are asking for, don’t you think that your participation to this group puts you in a conflict of interest since you do not want to loose your position ? I would find it difficult to believe that you want to assist us in taking this responsibility away from you while you are making so many efforts to keep it ? Thank you for your future response dear ham. 73
On the contrary, he can very well argue his case, imho, he is the first concerned.
absolutely and that’s why I am asking the question and I am eager to get the response hi! have a great morning everyone I am going to work and will happily be back.
But who are you ? Look … I am real and I’m standing up in front of you.
hello dear Ham. it is very nice of you to post a message, but this is not the response to my question hi! don’t you think there is a conflict of interest whether my name is mike, robert or carlos ?
and please you can sit down.
How do you want me to talk to you if you are already taking me for a six week old rabbit ?
You know, you can even come see me for real, like a man, at the radioclub F5KFF or in Fried in june. I will buy you a beer and will respond to all your questions.
This offer is available for anyone and we can even debrief with DL5DI and my collegues of the IDTeam.
I appreciate with great pleasure your sense of humor, and if there is a bier for sure I would come right away hi!!
If you want a dialog as equals, start with stating who you are. A bit of courage ! You can do it !
I take note dear Ham that you do not want to respond to the question I asked you but that you are offering an ambush instead. You are trying to divert the conversation on my identity which has absolutely nothing to do with the reason of your presence here, nor the question I asked. I gather that you are accepting the fact that there is indeed a conflict of interest to your presence here, but that you would rather dodge the question rather than simply responding which is what having courage would have been.
Oops, so I screwed up ? This sucks … so what are we going to do ?
Affirmative but you could still save it all: a response to the question is all the people are asking hi!!
Is this a sketch ?
I think so. To be published !
No, stop dragging us in your delirium
You started this comedy
Mr Pierre-Philippe is absolutely right dear Ham. my question is relevant with your presence in this work group and your role with the CCS7. could you please respond to the question, or simply tell us that you do not want to this would be so much faster and we thank you in advance. 73
My offer to meet in real life still stand. See you soon.
My question is on behalf of everyone in this group and can be responded very easily without having to travel. we are all in this messaging platform because it makes it convenient to communicate and we all have a common goal to work together in an open and friendly fashion (as you said, amateur radio or not). I think everyone here understands why you are avoiding responding to the simple and legitimate question I asked you.it was actually more of a formality because your conflict of interest in this group is clearly established but you don’t have the courage to discuss with other Hams who depend on you to get their ticket to digital ham radio.I invite you to reflect on this and you can still save your honor by responding to the question and have a conversation with us in this work group which you chose to join and where all participants are waiting for your response. with all my cordial 73 dear Ham
F1SHS did not send any more message in this group.